Keep Your Dryer Working Effectively & Efficiently With Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
Without a doubt, having a clothes dryer located in your home is one of the best and most useful modern conveniences. But as with any system that uses high heat and is almost constantly in use, your dryer venting system needs regularly scheduled professional service and attention. The good news is that the same team that’s servicing your chimney can service your dryer vents!
Why Do My Dryer Vents Need Cleaning?
Regardless of how religious you are about cleaning out your lint trap, lint and debris can still build up along the walls and in the corners and crevices of your dryer venting system. As lint and debris accumulate, it can lead to all sorts of problems, including:
- Dryer Inefficiency – A dryer with clogged vents will not be able to function optimally. Clogged vents restrict appliance airflow and can force the dryer to work harder, for longer, and using higher heats, in order to dry a single load of laundry. This means wasted time, wasted energy, and ultimately, wasted money.
- Carbon Monoxide Dangers – When dryer vents are clean and conducive to airflow, carbon monoxide (which is produced by the dryer) can swiftly be removed from the home. But clogged dryer vents can prevent this from happening and can instead allow carbon monoxide to seep back into the home.
- Fire Hazards – High heat paired with long dry times and flammable lint can quickly lead to a house fire. And the more packed your dryer vents are, the higher the heat and the longer your dryer will have to run in order to get the job done.
Signs You May Need To Have Your Dryer Vents Cleaned:
- After or during drying time your dryer is hot to touch.
- You smell smoke or fire.
- Your clothes take longer than one cycle to dry.
Benefits Of A Clean Dryer Vent:
- A clean dryer can use up to 50% less energy.
- Longer overall life of your dryer.
- Reduces potential for catastrophic fire.
What Does A Dryer Vent Cleaning Entail?
When our team of experts clean and inspect your dryer venting system, we’ll check for any damages to the ducts and any possible causes of inefficiency. We’ll set up an incredibly powerful HEPA vacuum to help ensure that all loosened lint and debris is contained and that your home remains clean throughout the cleaning process. Once the vacuum system is in place, we’ll use specially designed brushes to carefully loosen any lint or debris so that it can be sucked up into the vacuum system.
Another thing we’ll check for is animals and nesting materials, which can make their way into your dryer vent system and easily cause a dryer vent fire or otherwise damage the system.
When Was The Last Time You Had Your Dryer Vents Cleaned?
Enjoy a safer, more efficient dryer – schedule your professional cleaning today by calling (515) 249-6337. You can also request an appointment online!